His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi ji, the founder of the Transcendental Meditation program and the worldwide Spiritual Regeneration Movement (1957); introduced research in the field of consciousness, created a new science, the Science of Creative Intelligence and trained 2000 teachers of this science(1972); discovered the Constitution of the Universe. After that in the interest of human beings throughout the world, a society named Maharishi Institute of Creative Intelligence (MICI)was registered under the Society Act 1860 under which several institutions are running in different states of the country. The schools are running as per the curriculum of CBSE and the organization is determined to spread His Holiness Maharishi ji’s consciousness based education to the students, which solves the real purpose of education and imparts complete knowledge (GYAN). In its endeavour of broadening the scope of imparting complete knowledge Maharishi Vidya Mandir Public School affiliated as a Senior Secondary School to the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, was established in Lucknow in 1984. It imparts education in English and Hindi medium to boys from class VI to X, and XI and XII in English medium only with Science & Commerce. The school is located in serene, healthy surroundings off Sitapur Road 12 Km. from the heart of the city. The School has well qualified experienced staff and has achieved high percentage of results as well as distinctions in the Board Examinations of class X and XII. The School provides value based, competitive and result oriented quality education by inculcating Indian culture and ethos among students for value based quality life. The School is unique in the sense that students will get an opportunity to practice T. M. (Bhavatit Dhyan) a simple and natural technique that leads to the full development of consciousness and the improvement of the state of awareness.
The School is open to all boys and Girls irrespective of religion, language, creed or caste. Admissions are made strictly on merit.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE SCHOOL
1. Full development of potential through TM and TM - Siddhi programme, fundamentals of Ayurved. Jyotish and Science of Creative Intelligence.
2. Individual attention and guidance. Remedial teaching in basic subjects for weaker students and coaching for boarders.
3. Health care and medical check-up of all students. There is a well-equipped health care center with full time resident Vaidya.
4. Compulsory participation in games and sports (Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Basketball, Badminton, Athletics and Horse Riding).
5. Inter-house competitions in debates, declamation, recitation, mono-acting, quiz, dramatics, painting and music etc.
6. Developing aesthetic sense and moral values through curricular and co - curricular activities.
7. Developing love and respect for Indian culture and values.
8. Reporting and discussing with the parents/guardians about the progress and welfare of their wards.
9. Developing qualities of enlightened leadership and self-discipline through the Science of Creative Intelligence and the system of School / House Prefects, class prefects and other appointments, as well as inculcating a sense of belongingness and loyalty in the students.
10. Half tuition fee concession for younger brother.
11. Maharishi Ratna award for all round excellence and scholarship to meritorious students.
12. Job oriented / career counseling lectures imparted by experts.
The MICI, which is a part of the Spiritual Regeneration Movement 1957, had purchased 44 acres of land to run Maharishi Vidya Mandir Public School, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, which is, situated 0.5 KM away Sitapur Road towards Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
The School was started on 20th Aug. 1984 with 8 boys ,The session 1988-89 marked further rise and the strength of the students rose to 700 and that of boarders to 112. During this session the school got affliation from the CBSE New Delhi.
The first batch of 157 students took the 10th standard CBSE Examination in 1989 with a pass percentage of 98 including 43 first divisions and 74 distinctions. The Management then permitted to start classes XI and XII after upgrading the affiliation from CBSE New Delhi in the session 1989-90.
The result is that the school now has three-storeyed building with 40 rooms including administrative block, office block, visitors’ room and audiovisual room. There are double storey quarters for teachers and the staff. A new hostel building was also constructed having the capacity to accommodate 300 students.
The school is situated in a healthy atmosphere far away from the madding crowd. There is a vast playground for students and the school is equipped with library, reading room, science labs, computer room and a Meditation Hall. As the construction work is still going on, more and more facilities will be provided to the students and the staff in future.